Object.getConstructorOf();

L2L 2L emanuelallen at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 10:20:05 PDT 2014

I see the value of this, cause it denote not only the constructor, but what an object is:

Object.getConstructorOf("")//String
Object.getConstructorOf(0)//Number
Object.getConstructorOf(function(){})//Function
Object.getConstructorOf({})//Object
Object.getConstructorOf([]);//Array

If you try the fist to with Object.getPrototypeOf("");
Object.getPrototypeOf(0);

You'll get an error message, cause primitive value don't have prototype. But they do have wrapper objects; constructor objects.

This to me is a needed feature of the language.

E-S4L
N-S4L
J-S4L