Multiline template strings that don't break indentation

Merih merihakar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:35:50 PDT 2014

This might be beyond the current state of template strings but wouldn't it
be nice if there was a delimiter character we can use to depict the
beginning of each line of a multiline string? A similar solution like Scala
multliline strings but without `stripMargin` method at the end.

For example:

    var multiLineString = `This is a template string.
                                      |Even though each line is indented to
keep the
                                      |code neat and tidy, the white space
used to indent
                                      |is not in the resulting string`

And if we actually want to include vertical bar we can escape it?

--
Merih Akar