import script --> .esm

Matthew Robb matthewwrobb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:28:11 PDT 2014

I don't see how this is not forking:
http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-ecmascript-language-scripts-and-modules

There are now two distinctly different models and yes they both work in the
same VM simultaneously but that's not what authors would care about.
Personally I want to be able to know at all times that a file I am looking
at is a script or a module without using tools to assume one or the other.

The problem with the link above is that A) It associates this new
local-global-scoping/implicit-strict-mode with modules rather than
generically and B) Neither mode is specified as of higher importance which
results in exactly a forked paradigm.

- Matthew Robb