import script --> .esm

Todd Kennedy todd at selfassembled.org
Wed Sep 10 09:52:31 PDT 2014

> On Sep 10, 2014, at 12:23, Matthew Robb <matthewwrobb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl> wrote:
>>
>> (I think text/javascript is just fine btw. text/* works great for HTML
>> and CSS too. In any event, for the purposes of the browser JavaScript
>> does not really have a MIME type. We parse anything we get...)
> ​The problem is that there are now two distinctly different types of javascript file, some should be parsed as script and some should be parsed as module. Assuming

This is just another part of the modules system that really makes no sense when you step back from it. We are really, like REALLY, going to make people decide of they're writing a "script" or a "module" (both being just javascript, with just some semantic  concept being different) and we are going to load and name them separately?

In what other languages has this been a good idea?

Why the semantic difference between a "module" of javascript and a "script" of javascript.