import script --> .esm

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Wed Sep 10 09:20:27 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org> wrote:
> RFC4329 rightly favors application/ -- but this is all beyond the scope of
> ECMA-262. Do Not Want TC39 deciding suffixes. Let developers develop
> conventions. (Just so long as they do not sound like skin diseases.)

Well the default browser loader which is still secret(?) purportedly
standardizes on a "js" suffix. That is probably why this came up.

(I think text/javascript is just fine btw. text/* works great for HTML
and CSS too. In any event, for the purposes of the browser JavaScript
does not really have a MIME type. We parse anything we get...)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/