Integrating the Webs' dependency systems

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu May 29 08:20:52 PDT 2014

On 5/29/14, 11:12 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> But if the issue is of general interest across many hosting environments, then it should
> probably be handled by JS and TC39, rather than duplicating work among
> the hosting environment specs.

Assuming the requirements of the different hosting environments are
similar enough that it's possible to factor out some sort of common
thing (presumably with hookable bits for the parts where hosting
environments want different behavior), of course.  If the hookable bits
start being the whole thing, that would suggest that the requirements
are not similar enough....  Hard to say until we try.

-Boris