RFE: Allow newline when returning an anonymous object

cowwoc cowwoc at bbs.darktech.org
Wed May 28 11:10:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

Please let me know whether I've got the right mailing list.

I'd like to propose a change to ECMAScript. Right now the following syntax
is required for returning an anonymous object:

return {
  key: "value"
};

I would like the specification to also allow the following syntax:

return
{
  key: "value"
};

Meaning, allow a newline between "return" and the opening brace. Should I
create an issue at
https://bugs.ecmascript.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=ECMA-262 for tracking
this?

Gili