Integrating the Webs' dependency systems
kris.kowal at cixar.com
Tue May 27 15:29:05 PDT 2014
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2014, Kris Kowal wrote:
> > It would be lovely if HTML could be trained to resolve URL's through the
> > module system.
> By "HTML" here I presume you mean the underlying Fetch mechanism. Could
> you elaborate on exactly how this would work? Would this be in the layer
> before or after Service Workers?
Supposing that a page has both a service worker and a custom loader, I
would expect all requests for URL’s in the page (href, src, etc) to
1. pass through the page’s loader
2. pass through the browser's fetch mechanism
3. pass through the service worker
4. pass through the browser's fetch mechanism again
5. possibly arrive at the true service
6… proxies all the way down?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the es-discuss