ArrayBuffer neutering

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue May 20 08:37:40 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<allen at wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
> The ES6 TypedArray/ArrayBuffer spec. was written closely following the
> Khronos spec. which is pretty vague about what happens when an ArrayBuffer
> is neutered.

If you go through
http://www.khronos.org/registry/typedarray/specs/latest/ and search
for "neutered" it seems relatively clear. byteLength returns 0 and the
other members follow from there.

> Is this behavior actually specified anywhere.  If not, do all significant
> browsers implemented this behavior.  Does web content depend upon it.  (What
> use could be made of knowing the (former) length of a neutered ArrayBuffer.

What I tested seems to be specified and implemented by Firefox,
Safari, and Chrome.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/