Bytecode

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:13:16 PDT 2014

Le 14/05/2014 19:13, Axel Rauschmayer a écrit :
> What is the best “bytecode isn’t everything” article that exists? The
> “the web needs bytecode” meme comes up incredibly often, I’d like to
> have something good to point to, as an answer.
>
> This one looks good:
> http://mozakai.blogspot.de/2013/05/the-elusive-universal-web-bytecode.html
I want to suggest
https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
I know it's not a direct answer to your question and I know the talk is
not 100% serious, but it builds on a trend about JavaScript that
suggests that JavaScript can be good enough as it is and a bytecode
isn't needed. This talk also contains bit and pieces of knowledge
helping to understand this trend.

David