Bytecode

Mameri, Fred (HBO) Fred.Mameri at hbo.com
Fri May 16 12:49:07 PDT 2014

I kind of feel that even if such a bytecode existed, it should be immaterial to the design of ES. What I'm trying to say is that probably a better place for this discussion is at the web standards level. This decision can be completely outside of the design of any individual language, provided a generic enough bytecode.
Now obviously being able to have web apps written in different languages while maintaining performance and debuggability would be nice. But for me, the main benefit of the bytecode is having my engineering team be able to adopt newer versions of the language at our convenience (instead of waiting 10 years until some ancient client updates their script engine)...