Bytecode

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Fri May 16 09:43:10 PDT 2014

On May 15, 2014, at 10:24 PM, Andrea Giammarchi <andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> but you mentioned very old one I think nobody cares much anymore ;-)

People may not “care” about them today, but that doesn’t mean that no one uses them - there are many millions of webpages that use these libraries still, and that means performance of those libraries is extremely important to end _users_.

Regarding the original topic of this thread: I think there have been many many prior discussions of a standardised bytecode on es-discuss, and people should really be reading those before bringing this up again.  It’s not going to happen as no one has ever demonstrated an actual benefit over simply using JS.

—Oliver