ToPropertyDescriptor, [[HasProperty]], & [[HasOwnProperty]]

John-David Dalton john.david.dalton at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:35:48 PDT 2014

> I agree with you that this would be a much better design, but it would
break backwards compatibility with ES5, no?

There have been other changes to the spec that are technically back-compat
breaking like Object.keys('x') no longer throwing an error.
I think this change would benefit developers as the case seems to be devs
getting bitten by the current behavior.

> Minor nitpick: I guess you mean to say that ToPropertyDescriptor should
use the abstract operation HasOwnProperty, not [[HasOwnProperty]]

Sure, I'll switch to ES6y terms. Yes, I mean the abstract operation
HasOwnProperty.

- JDD