Native base64 utility methods

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon May 5 11:22:16 PDT 2014

@john I don't really care about the namespace/module as long as this matter
moves from W3C spec to ES one.

@mathias didn't mean to change atob and btoa rather add two extra methods
such encode/decode for strings (could land without problems in the
String.prototype, IMO) with "less silly names" whatever definition of silly
we have ^_^

Also interesting the @claude info on ISO strings ... yes, any UTF-8
compatible support is what I meant, doing in JS land
unescape(encodeURIComponent(str)) feels very hacky, and it's slow, indeed

take care