ModuleImport

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Wed Jun 25 08:41:48 PDT 2014

From: es-discuss <es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org> on behalf of Calvin Metcalf <calvin.metcalf at gmail.com>

> the payoff is decoupling how something is imported from how something is exported.

+1. Although I am uneasy about the default-default export idea, since it has [several edge cases][1] that make it seem too messy for a language-level feature, it does fix the major problem of encapsulation breakage that the current design introduces. Having to know how the module author wrote their code, and using the correct import form based on that, is frustrating and a regression from current CommonJS/AMD module usability.

[1]: https://gist.github.com/domenic/23dfe87fc921735de04c