ModuleImport

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:26:29 PDT 2014

> Ron Buckton's suggestion above makes the most sense to me personally. And
> I saw many people arrive to a very similar idea a few times in these recent
> module threads - but it kind of always gets rejected with no substantial
> reasoning.

I'm not really sure what Ron's proposal is, but I'm going to assume that
the suggestion is to have the default "default" be the module instance
object.

The reason why that's problematic is that it makes adding a default export
at a later date a breaking change for consumers of the module.  You would
essentially have to decide whether your module is going to have a default
export (other than the module instance object of course) when you first
create it and never change it thereafter.