ModuleImport

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:42:21 PDT 2014

> Yes, but I was not clear: where is the evidence that ES6 favors this form
> or single named export. My experience is opposite: the simple thing in ES6
> is to export those things you want exported. If it's one thing, then one;
> if it's 6 things then 6. One is not favored.

FWIW, my experience (again) agrees with yours.  In all the ES6 modular code
I've written over the past couple of years, I've never felt a need or a
desire to use the "default" feature.  For me, personally, it's a
distraction.

However, we are where we are, and we need to make progress.  I think the
current design is something that we can all move forward with, even if we
don't agree with every design decision.  Put another way, you and I can
happily ignore the default feature, and have a bit of a laugh when we see
it resulting in confusion ; )

Kevin