Loader locate/fetch/translate/instantiate API

John Barton johnjbarton at google.com
Tue Jul 29 17:45:17 PDT 2014

The Loader hook callbacks all have an API defined like:

  Reflect.Loader.prototype.locate ( loadRequest )

My interpretation of this description was that the callback provider should
expect the same loadRequest object in to reappear during the load pipeline
and furthermore, this being JavaScript, I could add any properties I need
to this object as long as they don't collide with the documented properties
used by the Loader.

es6-module-loader interpreters the spec to mean each loadRequest parameter
is bound to a new object with only the documented properties provided.

Which interpretation we can count on?

Thanks,
jjb