ES6 accuracy of special functions

alawatthe alawatthe at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 29 05:50:12 PDT 2014

Clear rules would also help in discussions like this one:
https://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=3006

Background:
V8 implemented a new version of sin and cos, which is faster, but does not have the precision many user want.
One of the comments (#8) said about precision:
- The ECMA script specification clearly states that Math.sin/cos are implementation-dependent approximations. There is no guarantees required regarding precision.
I think, this feels a little bit odd, because where do we draw the line between performance and precision?
So, again clear rules (even if they are not as strict as in Java), would help a lot.

All the best
alex aka alawatthe