The "initialization" steps for Web browsers

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 23 09:52:20 PDT 2014

On 7/23/14, 12:45 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> Yes, but how does that then map into the ES invocation model.  If even handlers are just ordinary ES functions with an ordinary [[Call]]

They're not.  They're Web IDL callback objects constructed from such ES
functions.  So this would be handled by
http://heycam.github.io/webidl/#es-invoking-callback-functions and the
"callback context" bits it talks about, I would htink.

> I added [[HostDefined]] to jobs after we had a conversation that I believe was about maintaining a dynamic stack of script origins as code executes. At the time, you indicated tht you thought it was a sufficient hook. Do you still think that?

I think so, yes

>  It's not clear to me how what we are discussing now relates to that.

Me neither, honestly.  :(  There are too many pieces here, all of them
changing in parallel, and I'm not quite sure how they fit together right
this second.  :(  I'm hoping Ian is keeping track of all of them and
will figure out how they interact.

-Boris