Specifying template strings

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Thu Jul 10 07:31:17 PDT 2014

>> – Tagged templates are explained via EvaluateCall(tagRef, TemplateLiteral, tailCall). I think it would be easier to understand if it used GetTemplateCallSite.
>
> Because a Tagged Template is a call. Would it be clearer if there was a note that highlighted the fact that the actual TemplateLiteral provides the argument list for the call?

Yes. Naively, I’d expect the result of a TemplateLiteral to be a string. But I previously didn’t understand the difference between static semantics and runtime semantics. The indirection makes things more difficult to follow, but I assume it helps with writing the specification (given proxies, generators etc.).

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de