Specifying template strings

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Wed Jul 9 08:25:47 PDT 2014

I find the specification of template strings still a bit difficult to understand:

– The abbreviations TV and CV are used 12.2.9, but defined in 11.8.6.1.

– Tagged templates are explained via EvaluateCall(tagRef, TemplateLiteral, tailCall). I think it would be easier to understand if it used GetTemplateCallSite.

– It’d be nice if untagged template strings and tagged templates could be mentioned closer together. They are basically the same thing and this structure seems to be dictated by grammar. To me, template strings are more like tagged templates without a tag. Would it make sense to specify them that way?

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de