Rob Sayre sayrer at
Wed Jul 2 12:23:58 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM, John Barton <johnjbarton at> wrote:

> The arguments for and against supporting cyclic dependencies seem to be
> academic. I'm yet to see any evidence of their importance in practice nor
> proof they they are fundamental ... or not.

Data point: I once implemented a system like for Firefox. I got asked for
cyclic dependency support 3 weeks after shipping.

That system that Alex Fritze invented and I worked on is not perfect, and
the syntax isn't very pretty. But it's still getting used 7 years later, so
it must have gotten something right.

- Rob