ModuleImport

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 12:28:57 PDT 2014

> As such, we are balancing the marginal user experience gains of
> "export-overwriting" against the better support for circular dependencies
> of "real" modules.

Another way of looking at it:

Being in control of the language, you can always invent new sugar to
optimize user experience (within limits) when real usage data proves its
worth.  But the core model can't be changed.

As such, it seems like it would be better to err on the side of making the
core model simple and solid, leaving minor UX optimizations to future
syntax.