ModuleImport

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:57:43 PDT 2014

So I think we've gone over the interoperability argument already.  That is,
with default exports (or module-object-overwriting), you can write
something like this:

    import x from "some-old-module";

Without default exports, you'll have to use something like one of the
following:

    import { exports as x } from "some-old-module";
    import { default as x } from "some-old-module";
    import { _ as x } from "some-old-module";

The user experience is a little better with default exports, but we
shouldn't be overly concerned with optimizing the loading old-style
modules.  The experience without default exports is good enough.