ES6 timetable and current status

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Mon Jan 27 19:02:24 PST 2014

Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> The harmony proposals and old ES6 strawman wiki pages are generally
> not being actively maintained.

Any already in ES6 should be prefaced by a pointer to the spec draft.
rwaldron helps with this, it is a duty we share as wiki curators, and
it's easy to edit. Copy from existing such retired pages, e.g.,

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:iterators

As for strawman, those are maintained for ES7 where not already in
harmony (namely http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:observe).

> Look to the ES6 drafts as the definitive source.

For ES6. For ES7, look at non-ES6 harmony and strawman, and we owe you
edits to clarify things.