Reason why generators do not have references to themselves?

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 24 00:18:15 PST 2014

On Jan 23, 2014, at 4:49 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Domenic Denicola wrote:
>> Task.js is still on "JavaScript1.8,"  and is not ES6-compatible. It won't work with modern browsers, or with Regenerator.
>
> Fork and fix, should be easy. I expect a PR would be accepted in due course. SpiderMonkey seems to have ES6 generator support somewhat there (thanks to Andy Wingo), should be all there soon enough.

Working on it lately, actually. And using regenerator for the tests (\o/)! Also drastically simplifying the library since the customizable scheduler stuff, while kind of neat, is probably less compelling than a minimal library. Down to under 150 lines, unminified with comments, and still shrinking...

Dave