SameValueZero comparator and compatibility

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Tue Jan 21 15:01:19 PST 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 2:09 PM, Andrea Giammarchi wrote:

> I wish there was an answer to that too ... if implementors are confused, how could developers even think about contributing there?
>
> I have expressed already my wishes for a "Test Driven Development" of JS specs/features but I find myself unable to help.
>
> Any hint would be appreciated. Thanks

Assuming that there is already spec. material (which is now the cases for almost all of ES6) one way would be proceeded approximately as follows:
   1.  Read the parts of the spec. you are going to implement.
   2.  If there aren't yet any test262 tests for that material, write some. Writing such tests will probably help in your understanding of the spec. material
   3.  Ask the feature champions and other interesting TC39 participants to review the tests in relationship to the spec.
   4.  Use the tests to drive your initial implementation of the feature. Add more test262 level tests as to proceed.
   5.  Contribute the tests, get other implementations to also test against them.

Allen