Equality Reform(ul)ation

Kevin Smith zenparsing at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 08:26:04 PST 2014

[oops - reply all this time]

> Value objects have value, not reference, semantics. JS has string number
> boolean already (note lowercase names). With value objects, users and the
> host env can define others.

Makes sense, but I thought the user could not define semantics for "===":
 it just means "===" for each of its data members ("structural recursive
strict equality test").

Does that mean that the host is somehow able to define "===" semantics for
opaque value types (like int64)?  Again, I'm assuming that int64 is opaque
(i.e. not visibly composed of other elements).