Code compilation alternative to Function()

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 08:08:47 PST 2014

beside what Sean and Brendan said, I think it makes sense to ask for a
"code generator/compositor" under CSP.

Actually I never understood why CSP does not allow Function since
everything that could be done inside Function can be basically done
programmatically too (parsing manually the string or similar things even
more problematic if used).

There are few libraries based on features detection resulting in best
runtime created function able to boost up a lot (NWMatcher, lo-dash,
others) and it's a pity these might cause problems under CSP.

that being said, <troll> have you tried execScript already? </troll> :D