const VS features detection

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Mon Jan 6 08:10:47 PST 2014

David Herman wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2013, at 5:32 AM, Andreas Rossberg<rossberg at google.com>  wrote:
>
>> >  For ES7 I would like to revive the do-expression proposal (hopefully
>> >  at the next meeting)
>
> Glad to hear you're in favor! I'll be happy to co-champion.

I will support your prospective championship ;-).

To further constrain design (since design is mostly about leaving things
out), I will address the ES4-era |let (x = y, z = z /* outer z*/) ...|
let blocks and let expressions, which came up recently. We should not
revive these, given do expressions. do-exprs compose better with let and
const (and other binding form) declarations.

Sorry if this is obvious; wanted to settle it, since it came up here in
the other thread.