const VS features detection

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Mon Jan 6 07:42:43 PST 2014

On Dec 20, 2013, at 5:32 AM, Andreas Rossberg <rossberg at google.com> wrote:

> For ES7 I would like to revive the do-expression proposal (hopefully
> at the next meeting)

Glad to hear you're in favor! I'll be happy to co-champion. The const-initializer use case is a good one, but it's also extremely valuable for code generators (it's got a much stronger equivalence property, aka TCP, than function(){} or ()=>{}). And more generally, it lets you more clearly localize temporary variables in a way that comma-expressions (which are ugly anyway) don't.

Dave