Reflect.* naming: defineProperty, deleteProperty vs. get, has, set?

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 07:49:13 PST 2014

'deleteProperty' was in fact originally called 'delete'. We changed it to
avoid a conflict with the keyword, which occurs when importing the function
(recall that the Reflect.* methods are actually functions exported from a
module). While ES5 made it possible to use keywords as properties, you
obviously still can't use keywords as ordinary function names.

defineProperty is by symmetry with the existing Object.defineProperty
built-in. I believe the symmetry is more important than a shorter name.

Cheers,
Tom