`String.prototype.symbolAt()` (improved `String.prototype.charAt()`)

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Fri Feb 14 03:22:19 PST 2014

I think Mathias's point, that it is exactly as useful or useless as `codePointAt`, is a reasonable one. However,

> This method is just as useful as `String.prototype.codePointAt`. If that method is included, so should `String.prototype.at`. If `String.prototype.at` is found not to be useful, `String.prototype.codePointAt` should be removed too.

This does not follow. The choice is not between adding two useless methods and adding zero. There is no reason to exclude the possibility of adding only one useless method.

But anyway, as some people seem to think that both methods are in fact useful---including Rick, who has agreed to champion---I agree with Scott that after having said our piece it's time to exit the thread.