Proposal About Private Symbol

Gary Guo nbdd0121 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 19:04:58 PST 2014

One link there are 4 assumptions about private symbol, while I think the existence of first one is sufficient.

>1. They would not be discoverable by Object.getOwnPropertySymbols
This is what I suggest.

>2. They would not invoke any traps on proxies.
>3. They would not tunnel through proxies to proxy targets.
>4. Getting a private-symbol-keyed property would not traverse the prototype chain of the object (perhaps arguable).
Unnecessary, as long as symbol doesn't leak to external environment, I don't think we need to impose these constraints. Without these constraints I did not see any problems there.