Configurability of @@toStringTag for Built-ins

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Tue Dec 16 16:14:19 PST 2014

It should go without saying I'm not proposing an ES6 change. This is all
just es-discuss discussion, at most informative for future editions.

Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
>> I suspect people (some of 'em;-)  will want consistent high-integrity toStringTag.
>
> They can make the toStringTags they care about non-configurable at startup, at the same time they capture a reference O.p.toString.

That's a good point. It helps one part of the equation (unreliability in
face of Object.defineProperty), but of course not the other (impostor
toStringTag settings on spoofing objects or mocks).