how to delay interpolation of template strings?

Matthew Robb matthewwrobb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 09:18:31 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Claude Pache <claude.pache at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I guess you want sugar for the following valid ES6 code?

​You're right, I must be crazy for wanting my code to be readable and
slightly resemble the syntax people have been using as defacto-standard for
years now. I, and I am sure the greater web dev community, much prefer new
language features to be completely foreign and difficult to make sense of
in relation to what's already being done.

I don't mean to be snarky about it (and I apologize, I mean no offense) but
sheesh... Aren't things like async-functions sugar for existing valid es6
code? Maybe it would be better if what gets passed to a template
tag-function is not, by default, the values from the local-bindings.
Perhaps there is a way to make template tags much more useful by allowing
the function to determine more about the semantics of the string.

Sometimes this list really does make me think I am crazy or something.

- Matthew Robb