How are modules imported from a ScriptBody without System?

Domenic Denicola d at domenic.me
Mon Dec 8 08:27:13 PST 2014

The situation that modules are in now is equivalent to the situation scripts are in. That is, the way that they are loaded, executed, parsed, embedded in other languages, etc. is not specified by the ECMAScript language specification, and is left for other specifications.

For the case of scripts, the answers to this are found in the HTML Standard. For modules, the corresponding spec has not yet been written.