Questions regarding ES6 Unicode regular expressions

Claude Pache claude.pache at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:54:55 PDT 2014

Le 26 août 2014 à 19:01, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen at wirfs-brock.com> a écrit :
> 3) Reserve within /u RegExp patterns, the syntax \p{<characters>} and \P{<characters>}
I'll go even further: when the `u` flag is on, it shall be verboten for implementations to interpret `\` followed by one of 0-9, A-Z or a-z as a literal character. (To be added in the newly created Section 16.1 Forbidden Extensions of the spec.) The current lenient behaviour of most ES engines is just good for hiding bugs and hindering evolution.

—Claude