String(symbol)

Jeff Walden jwalden+es at mit.edu
Tue Aug 26 09:00:10 PDT 2014

On 08/26/2014 08:48 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> Why would it be useful, from a programmer's perspective, to expose ToString directly?

People will always want to polyfill, or prototype in advance of proposal for standardization.  No matter how internal the operation might be, it's heavily used by DOM specs and other similar sorts of things.  And I have difficulty seeing why many such APIs would want to stringify incoming symbols, to switch away from using ToString.

Jeff