Proposal: Promise.prototype.Finally

Ron Buckton rbuckton at chronicles.org
Mon Aug 18 16:16:19 PDT 2014

Domenic,

I like the addition that your version of `finally` can itself return a Promise, which I hadn't considered (as I hadn't had a need for it myself yet). Is the consensus that this won't make it into Promise until at least ES7, and then only if there's enough of a call for it?

To be honest, if ES7 has something like async/await then it won't need Promise.prototype.finally. Promise.prototype.finally is primarily a feature needed for Promises without async/await (e.g. in the ES6 timeframe, or ES7 if async/await is deferred to a later revision).

Ron