RE: ES6 module syntax – done?

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Fri Aug 15 15:34:09 PDT 2014

Was just going through updating @esdiscuss when I noticed nobody really answered this thread. Which is lame.

The meeting notes at [1] are hard to interpret given that the slides are still MIA (Dave?). But essentially, import-into-namespace syntax is now `import * as x from "y"`, replacing the previous `module x from "y"`.

There was then discussion of how to get module metadata, with Dave's initial proposal per his slides being `this` (as Juan shows). However, we eventually arrived at the idea of

    import { name, url } from this module;

(with `this module` being bikesheddable, but everyone more or less liked that.) As the notes show, you could also do e.g. `import * as me from this module` and then use `me.name` and so on.

[1]: https://github.com/rwaldron/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2014-07/jul-30.md#45-import-into-namespace-syntax-dave