Overriding Map/etc with get/set hooks?

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Mon Aug 11 18:33:54 PDT 2014

When I last looked at this, it seemed like a perfect use case for [Traits](http://soft.vub.ac.be/~tvcutsem/traitsjs/tutorial.html). A "Set-like" trait would require definitions for add, delete, and [Symbol.iterator], but provide has, forEach, entries, keys, values, clear, and size, plus any future interfaces.

Then you would implement such set-likes by mixing in the set-like trait into your prototype, which contains type-restricted definitions for add, delete, and [Symbol.iterator] (plus probably some of the other methods for performance reasons).

Presumably a future version of ES that contains traits would define set-like, map-like, and other traits that could be used.