Thread about ES6 on reddit

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:25:35 PDT 2014

I read that and still not convinced this is good for the web or developers.

Code will migrate to ES6, specially the one still maintained, and I am
personally against unmaintained code used in new projects ... so we simply
disagree in this basic concept: you believe that broken unmaintained
library from 2000 should work in ES6, I believe that such code should not
interfere with the future of the language specially after the language
decided to "break up" with its past (syntax) ...

this looks like a "one way toxic relationship" to me, metaphorically
speaking, a situation where only old code can benefit from instead of new
comers and/or the future of the language itself.

Once again, my 2 cents ... we had a chance to make it better all over, we
decided that old code should compromise the spec instead ... it's like
still supporting IE6 when nobody would spend a second to fix IE6 instead,
look how good that has been for the Web history.

Best Regards