Thread about ES6 on reddit

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 13:26:25 PDT 2014

"Many times", and still does not make sense to me.

CoffeeScript and TypeScript added new things and solved others while new
ES6 syntax is simply broken not only in ES3 but in ES5 too and requires
same technique (transpiler) others used to solve many other gotchas too.

Why "we" demand the web to transpile **but** "we" don't solve problems
known since 1999 is still a mystery to me ... specially every time you end
your replies writing `1JS` ... in my opinion a meaningless utopia the
moment TC39 decided to break backward compatibility.

Best Regards