July 29 2014 TC39 Meeting Notes

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Fri Aug 8 12:06:58 PDT 2014

Hi Andy, I'm sorry for what looks to you like black-holing. I admit
Rick's notes are terse but that shouldn't be taken for "brusque", and
where they need supplementation, I try to post followups to es-discuss.

However, in this case I don't think the charge is fair to TC39 in full.
I'm a long-time champion (probably erstwhile at this point) of
generators, and I did reply to es-discuss about the history and
rationale for forcing a return instead of using an exception.

I think Dave lacks time to keep up with es-discuss, but you can always
reach out to him by email. Anyway, you don't need him here, you've heard
from at least Allen and me on this list.

/be