Comments on Sept Meeting Notes

Rick Waldron waldron.rick at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 16:02:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Domenic Denicola <
domenic at domenicdenicola.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 26, 2013, at 18:49, "Yehuda Katz" <wycats at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Private state doesn't satisfy these requirements because they trap on
> the wrong side of the proxy.
>
> Agreed, in many cases I don't want private state; I *want* something that
> can be copied by Object.mixin, for example. For private state, weak maps
> are fine, and used today already.

Agreed with Yehuda and both of Domenic's points. I don't need/want Symbol
for private anything—I want it for cases that don't deserve a WeakMap,
should be reflected and can be "seen" by Object.getOwnPropertySymbols(),
but want to avoid the possibility of collision.

Rick