ES Native Mode proposal

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:48:16 PDT 2013

It's not easy to freeze the world like Caja is doing, and it's not easy
to have a library that takes care of it securely, and the use case is
not always to use modules to have a fresh global.

Some years ago, doing widgets stuff inside web pages, I had a
"RestoreNativeVar" function restoring natives using strange hooks like
taking them from iframes (no comments...)

The issue is probably not TC39 only, but looking at W3C security groups
specs which apparently have some hard time defining something secure,
maybe SES concepts are coming late in the TC39 schedule, all new Web API
define more globals, this is usefull to have something that freezes the
entire global when you need it instead of hacking around.

Regards,

Aymeric

Peersm : http://www.peersm.com
GitHub : https://www.github.com/Ayms