Sept 17, 2013 TC39 Meeting Notes

Allen Wirfs-Brock allen at wirfs-brock.com
Tue Sep 24 17:32:10 PDT 2013

On Sep 24, 2013, at 4:12 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> Rick Waldron wrote:
>> - Normalize CR, LF, and CRLF to LF
>> [WH: Is this consensus recorded correctly? I understood the consensus to be normalizing all lexical grammar LineTerminatorSequences to LF.]
>
> TC39 members (including me) tend to forget, or turn a blind eye, toward LINE_SEPARATOR and PARA_SEPARATOR :-P.

Does it make sense to also normalize other line separators to LF.  Are there any known platforms that use anything other than CR, LF, CRLF as their default line separator? I tend to think that anybody who explicitly puts one of those other separators literally into a template string has a reason for doing so and we should just leave it alone.

Allen