[[Invoke]] and implicit method calls

Till Schneidereit till at tillschneidereit.net
Tue Sep 24 11:53:05 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Based on all the great input (thanks to André for his summary, and Mark
> for pointing out "works always" beats "half-works/half-broken"), and
> talking to Allen 1:1, I'm back to status quo ante: we are better off being
> conservative designers by deferring invoke.
>
> If we need to trial it as a strawman extension in SpiderMonkey, we can do
> that, and we'll report back.

FWIW, our implementation isn't too far off. I have some feedback to
integrate still, and probably some rebasing by now, but getting it into the
tree shouldn't be too hard. I don't however, know who would use it and give
us feedback. Other than Shumway, that is, where the use case is very clear
and won't give us much new information.